The Panama Papers to anyone who doesn’t know yet are leaked documents (2+ terabytes) of dealings by Mossack Fonseca, a Panamanian law firm. These documents show that many prominent individuals on the world stage use tax havens and shell companies to hide their dealings.
A few things to take notice of:
1. No US names on the list (click here for more).
2. At the bottom of the leaked interactive a note states... ‘There are legitimate uses for offshore companies, and we do not intend to suggest or imply that any individuals or entities included in the interactive were in violation of the law’ (click here for interactive).
3. The leaked material is not released to the public to view but is monitored and controlled by western media.
4. The International Consortium of Journalists (ICIJ) who are managing the leaked documents is funded by foundations such as Open Society Foundation- George Soros, Ford Foundation-Henry Ford, and Adessium foundation to name a few. Adessium Foundation has nine core operating supporters. Three of these are Anonymous, Ford Foundation, and Open Society Foundation. They have ninety one supporters through voluntary dues such as American Jewish World Service, New Israel Fund, United Nations Foundation, and Freedom Fund to name a few. Freedom Fund (based in New York) has sixty partner organisations and NGO’s.
5. The only person that I have seen on mainstream media being ridiculed is President Putin even though his name is not on the list. It is Putin’s ‘associates’ (people he knows) that have been named on the list.
It looks like the US Oligarchs who fund foundations (and ICIJ) across the world are trying to take the heat off of themselves by implicating others, or are honest and upstanding citizens of the world who do NO wrong and have NO say whatsoever in how the millions donated to organisations like ICIJ are used.
This article from Craig Murray sums it up nicely. Craig’s bio can be read here.