Leon Speed ---
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Muammar Al Gaddafi’s Libya. Gaddafi ruled Libya for 41 years before he was murdered by NATO. Naturally many countries governments’ main stream media have pushed the NATO propaganda endlessly onto its unknowing public. Gaddafi had a ‘green’ book that had three parts. Part 1 is titled ‘The Solution to the Problem of Democracy’. Part 2 is titled ‘The Solution to the Economic Problem’. Part 3 is titled ‘The Social Basis of the Third Universal Theory’.
1. Under Gaddafi a home is considered a natural right. From the green book; “The house is a basic need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others”.
2. Education and medical treatment were all free. If a citizen could not access the schooling they wanted or the medical treatment Libya couldn’t provide they were funded to go overseas for the desired outcome.
3. The Gaddafi government funded a man made river system to bring fresh water to all Libyans using their underwater basins. Gaddafi said “After this achievement, Americans threats against Libya will double. The United States will make excuses, but the real reason is to stop this achievement, to keep the people of Libya oppressed”.
4. It was free to start a farming business. Libyans were given free land, a house, livestock, and seeds for free.
5. A bursary of $5,000 US was given to mothers with newborns.
6. Electricity was free.
7. Petrol was super cheap. Petrol at times was as low as 14 US cents per litre.
8. Education levels had increased dramatically. When Gaddafi took the helm literacy rates were at 25%. He brought that up to 87%.
9. Libya had its own bank. This bank was owned by the state so they could give loans to citizens at 0% interest. They also had no external debt.
10. Libya’s gold dinar. Gaddafi was preparing to use a gold backed dinar to trade with bypassing the US dollar.
If you ever wonder why the US invade countries under the guise of spreading democracy and freedom then look into what the countries are doing to upset US banks and Corporations. One of Hillary Clintons emails released by the state Department indicate the French President as leading the attack on Libya with five goals in mind: Obtain Libyan oil—Ensure French influence in the region—Increase the Presidents reputation domestically—Assert French military power—Prevent Gaddafi’s influence in Africa.
Gaddafi also had 143 tons of Gold to back the Dinar that was a threat to the French currency used in Africa. I doubt the gold is still there after NATO has been in the country.
Gaddafi's Green Book --- full audio rendition